Monday, August 9, 2010

Bring and Braai


Bring and Braai with the Northern folks from Ireland!

After a hard day of miking the cows and mingling with the guests, I heard news that myself and my friend Pg had to work bring and braai. Now obviously, being who I am I internally went "Whoop Whoop" but on the outside I put on the usual scowl so many young people wear on their faces.

After straightening my uniform, brushing my and picking twigs and bugs from my teeth I walked to the Bhoma section behind the resturant. After lighting the candles, and carrying out dishes of various salads I heard a commotion to my left and noticed a whole group of young women talking loudly to themselves in hat seemed to be gibberish. Excitedly I walked up to them and greeted them the Sondela way (Uhem, with a smile and bright eyes) .

Despite the cold weather the vibe was exciting yet chilled. The girls from Northern Ireland got to "Braai" for the first time and decided that "Wors" means cool. So in all, to say the least I got a cultural experience that will make me laugh for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Eh, Uhem What* and Hair* Sorry got distracted by a running mongoose.

    ReplyDelete